The banana being the flagship fruit of Martinique it is therefore certain that you will find many desserts where it is in the spotlight. If it is difficult to find the origin of this recipe, it is now sure that bananas fritters are present all over the world. However the recipes differ and here we present the recipe to which we refer in Martinique when we talk about bananas fritters.
For 8 people:
- 4 bananas (preferably yellow bananas)
- 150 gr of sugar
- 200 gr of flour
- 2 eggs
- 30 cl of milk
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- Dried vanilla
- Grated cinnamon
- Caster sugar
- Peel the bananas and mash them on a plate with a fork.
- In a container put the milk, the flour, the eggs and mix them. Add the sugar and continue to stir.
- Add the mashed banana with the paste to the container.
- Grate the vanilla and add it to the mixture with the rum and cinnamon.
- Stir until the mixture is evenly distributed.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil until it boils, then add spoonfuls of donut batter.
- Once browned, remove the donuts and put them on absorbent paper.
- Spread the caster sugar on the donuts without overdoing it.
- Once cooled, enjoy!