The breadfruit migan is one of the quintessential local dishes. It is a kind of mixture between mash and pieces of breadfruit mixed with pieces of pork. It is a dish born in the kitchens of older generations of descendants of slaves who imported breadfruit to the island. Today this plate is valued and the breadfruit migan has fully integrated the local plates.
For 6 servings:
- 1 breadfruit
- 200 gr of giraumon
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chilli
- Salted pork tails
- 2 cloves garlic
- Desalt your meat.
- Boil your pork tails cut into pieces, covering them with water.
- Peel your breadfruit, remove its and dice it.
- Also dice the giraumon.
- Add the pieces of breadfruit, giraumon and onion when cooking the pork tails.
- Chop the garlic, parsley, chive.
- Add them to the mixture with the chilli without cutting or piercing it.
- Let it boil over high heat initially for 12-20 minutes then simmer over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Adjust with salt if necessary.
- Once the breadfruit and giraumon mixture is homogeneous, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- It's ready !