Sweet potatoes have been an integral part of local cuisine for several centuries. The Arawaks and the Caribbean Indians consumed them frequently and the slaves had adopted it in their diet unlike the masters who did not eat products from the soil. Today many recipes exist to best enhance this tuber and it is one of them, the caramelized sweet potatoes that we have chosen to offer you.
For 4 servings:
- 500 gr sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Clean the sweet potatoes well and cut them into medium cubes.
- Wash and slice the onion and cut the leek.
- In a sauté pan, heat some oil to brown the oil and the leeks until they become translucent.
- Add the potatoes and spices.
- Let cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- The potatoes should be cooked but remaining firm (test with a knife).
- Add a tablespoon of honey then cook for 5 minutes before turning off the heat while stirring to caramelize the potato.
- Salt and pepper a little.
- Serve hot, garnishing with chopped parsley.