Christophine is called chayote in many countries and is consumed only after being boiled in water. Then you can make all the recipes you want with it, such as salad or gratin or simply the chayotes sautéed with bacon, the recipe that we present to you here. If you do not want to consume pork, you can very well replace with chicken or turkey bacon.
For 6 servings:
- 4 chayotes
- 400 gr of bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 feet of cives
- 1 large onion
- 1 Chili
- 70 gr of butter
- Cut the chayotes in two equal parts by removing the heart.
- Cook the chayotes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water. Be careful not to let them cook too long. The chayotes should be cooked but firm.
- Once cooked, drain them and then dice the chayotes.
- In a pan on the fire, put the butter and brown the diced chayotes.
- Chop the spices (chives, parsley, salt, pepper, chili).
- In another pan, brown the spices and then add the bacon.
- In a dish, pour the diced chayotes then the bacon-spice mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- It's ready ! You can taste.