Coconut gambas are a recipe for shellfish lovers who don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We often tend to think that you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to have a delicious meal, this recipe proves the opposite. The cooking time is based on the choice of prawns you will make whether they have been pre-cooked or not. It is ideally accompanied by rice.
For 6 persons:
- 36 gambas
- 50 gr of grated coconut
- 12 cl of coconut milk
- 1 small chilli
- Peanut oil
- Wash, seed and finely chop the pepper.
- Shell the gambas, leaving the tail.
- Put them in a deep dish then sprinkle them with coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with chopped pepper and mix.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan.
- Drain the gambas and put them in the sauté pan.
- Sprinkle them with grated coconut.
- Quickly sauté them over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Put in a dish and serve immediately with lime wedges.