Coconut is a fruit that often refers to the West Indies and given the number of recipes we have with coconut, we can only justify this representation. Also, this coconut jam recipe is just as an ingredient of other recipes such as Amour caché or Robinson as a sweetness that you can enjoy once after having prepared it.
For 4 servings:
- 1 coconut or 250 gr of grated coconut
- 200 gr of sugar
- 50 cl of water
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Break the coconut and collect the pulp.
- Be sure to remove the brown film with a paring knife.
- Pass the pulp in a blender or grate it on the side with the larger holes of the grater.
- Bring 50 cl of water to the boil, with the coconut pulp, split vanilla pod, sugar, grated lime zest, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Leave to cook for about an hour, then put in pots.
- Let cool before eating.