Coconut sorbet is a dessert that was once made in the family with uncles, aunts, cousins and cousins. Using a manual ice cream maker, everyone gave their strength to mill relentlessly and finally obtain a creamy frozen dough. It was only a pleasure afterwards to have obtained an ice cream with the help of all. Today, electric ice cream makers have often replaced manual ones, breaking with tradition. The fact remains that the best sorbets are those that you prepare yourself in an artisanal way than those found in the store.
For 8 people:
- 3 coconut
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lime zest
- ½ teaspoon of bitter almond essence
- 1 bag of 10 kg of ice cubes
- 2 kg of coarse salt
- Crack the coconut and separate the thick white pulp from its rind and grate it.
- Boil a liter of water, adding cinnamon, grated nutmeg and lime zest.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the grated coconut pulp, mix and let cool until reaching room temperature.
- In a clean towel placed over a container, gradually pour the pulp and water and squeeze to extract the milk.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the juice obtained.
- Add the essence of bitter almonds.
- Pour the round into the container inside the ice cream maker.
- Pour the ice cubes into the ice cream maker on the outside, then sprinkle with the coarse salt.
- Turn the ice cream maker until you get a smooth mixture.