The fish blaff is the quintessential West Indian fish recipe. It consists of a preparation based on lime juice, garlic, allspice and other local spices in which the fish will be cooked.
For 4 servings:
- 1 kg of fish cleaned and ready to be cooked
- Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 West Indian pepper (if you like to eat spicy) or a mild pepper (vegetarian pepper)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 clove
- 1 lemon
- Allspice (seeds or leaves)
- Take the fish and put it in a container.
- Pour over the lemon juice, salt, chopped garlic and pepper.
- Leave to marinate for about an hour.
- Peel the onion, grate it and brown it in a little oil.
- Add water, parsley, thyme, chives, chili, caper and allspice.
- Add the fish and its marinade.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- When you serve, add the sliced lemon.