For 6 servings:
- 250 gr of sifted flour
- 75 gr of butter
- 200 gr of cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10 cl of old rum
- Icing sugar for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of baker's yeast
- 50 cl of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Frying oil
- In a little warm water, dilute the baker's yeast.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- In the sifted flour, make a well and add the eggs, cane sugar, salt and butter
- Incorporate the melted yeast then the water and stir everything until a homogeneous dough is obtained.
- Then add the cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, the zest of ½ a lime and the old rum.
- Stir the whole thing and let stand at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- In a saucepan or deep fryer, heat the oil.
- Using a teaspoon, take the dough and pour it in so as to obtain round shaped donuts.
- Brown the donuts on both sides.
- Once nicely browned, remove them from the oil and place them on absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- Pour a little fine cane sugar or icing sugar over the donuts.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy!