Fish lovers, this recipe is for you! The fish soup is a pure delight that combines local fish, vegetables and spices from the island. It is a soup that is ideal for a dinner or a late afternoon reception. Prefer the use of large fish such as tuna and sea bream even if fish such as carp and trevally are suitable.
For 6 servings:
- 1 kg of local fish (tuna, sea bream, trevally)
- 3 onions
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 300 gr of turban squash (giraumon)
- 200 gr of turnips
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 leaves of chives
- 1 glass of white wine
- 5 cl of vinegar
- 50 gr of butter
- 5 tablespoons of capers
- Bay leaves
- Peel and wash the vegetables.
- Chop the spices: chilli, garlic, onion, parsley and chives.
- Small dice the leeks, turban squash (giraumon), celery, carrots and turnips.
- Empty and clean your fish.
- Soak them with the chopped spices.
- Add the vinegar then salt and pepper.
- Drain the fish and let them cool.
- Remove the skin and bones and keep the flesh.
- Add the diced vegetables and the saffron to the cooking, then salt and pepper.
- Wet and cook for half an hour.
- At the end of cooking, add the flesh of the fish, the white wine and the capers.
- Leave to cook for ten minutes.
- When ready to serve, add the butter, celery, leeks, saffron and finely mixed capers.
- Serve when the soup is still hot.