Fricassee was originally a stew of meat, shellfish, or fish or vegetables in a white or brown sauce. The recipe we are offering you today does not fit into the original definition which has evolved over time and includes many more varieties. This is a perfect recipe if you want to have sauce with your shrimp so you can simply add rice or légumes pays.
For 5 people:
- 500 gr of raw shrimp tails (cooked shrimp do not give a satisfactory result)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Allspice leaves or seeds or powder
- 1 chilli
- Clean the shrimp by removing the scales and slitting the back of the shrimp in half.
- Squeeze the lemon over the shrimp and let them bathe in the lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, brown the onions with the oil, add the tomatoes and mash them.
- Add the tomato sauce, garlic, country onion / cive and previously chopped parsley and water.
- It is the turn of the allspice to be added whether it is the leaves, the seeds or the powder.
- Also add chili if you want to eat spicy.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Once all the elements seem to be combined, add the shrimp with their lemon juice.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Once the shrimp are well reddened, you can turn off the heat.
- Serve when it's still hot!