The cultural center Camille Darsières is located in the old courthouse, a neoclassical building designed by entrepreneur Gustave de Laguarigue in 1906. It is located at the intersection of the streets Perrinon, Schoelcher and Moreau-de-Jones.
This building was in its origin, the location of the convent of the Sisters of Providence founded by Father Charles François de Coutances in the 18th century. He donated it to the colony in 1764 provided that it be a place for religious instruction and secular education, as well as dance and maintaining ongoing. It later became the courthouse of Martinique.
Following the construction of a new palace more modern and functional justice, the former palace has become a space dedicated to culture. Currently it houses the Sermac (Municipal Service of Cultural Actions of Fort-de-France), because the buildings of the latter being at the Parc Floral de Fort-de-France are under renovation. The SERMAC is an actor of cultural festival of Fort-de-France.
In the garden stands a statue of Victor Schoelcher at the foot of which is engraved: "No French territory can not hold slaves."
It is named after the former lawyer and Deputy of Martinique, Camille Darsières died in 2006.