Banana cake is a recipe for a different appreciation of bananas, Martinique's flagship fruit. It is a rather easy recipe to make where the fruit is part of the recipe and not its version in jam like you the Amour caché or even the Robinson. Ideally choose bananas that you would have eaten immediately so neither too ripe nor too ripe.
For 6 servings:
- 300 gr of flour
- 200 gr of sugar
- 5 ripe bananas
- 80 gr of butter
- 1 packet of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 20 cl of milk
- 1 large spoon of rum
- In a salad bowl, pour the flour, the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Take another container and put the sugar, the eggs and the previously melted butter in it.
- Add the milk.
- Crush the bananas and add them to the mixture, eggs, sugar, milk and butter.
- Mix with an electric whisk for several minutes.
- Pour the preparation obtained into the bowl containing the flour.
- Add the tablespoon of rum.
- Mix gently with a wooden spoon then pour the cake batter into a mold provided for this purpose.
- Preheat the oven then bake the cake for about 45 minutes at the thermostat 180 ° C.
- Once your cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a period of between 10 minutes and a quarter of an hour.
- It's ready, you can taste!